The carpet is the foundation for an ongoing and developing participatory practice, a space of convivium and movement, an invitation to travel while being in a place with one’s own imagination, a welcoming place for everyday travelers.
Exploring different ways of belonging to the Balkans, the carpet welcomes plots, stories and connections, weaved together to form hybrid territories and realities, between here and now, there and tomorrow, beyond national borders, beyond the myths and misconceptions we carry toward one another.
– Hana Milenkovska, Klelija Zivkovic, Klementina Rist, Dragan Teodosiev (SocioPatch, Skopje): “Investigating the cultural production and aesthetics of the Truck Drivers Community in constant movement between North Macedonia and EU”
– Elias G. Skoulidas (Biennale of Western Balkans, Ioannina): “Investigating the translocal communities of Greek-Albanian in the area of the Epirus towards a new translocal identity of “Epirote”
– Bora Baboci and Stella Karafili (Tulla Culture Center, Tirana): “Investigating the value of land therefore how Land is described and inhabited in the mountainous areas of Northern Albania”
– Shpat Shkodra and Arpad Klemm (Termokiss, Prishtina): “Investigating the relationship in between pigeons and their keepers in the Urban Space of Prishtina”
– Djurdjica Bjelosevic and Vesna Majestorovic (Unsa Geto, Banja Luka): “Investigating ecology and right to public space in Bosnia Herzegovina”