Collective Terms of Action – Open Call
Open Call for Artist-Travellers (closed)
The Cultural Cooperation project “Some Call Us Balkans” (SCUB), is a transdisciplinary, art-based inquiry and community that explores and mobilizes moments of collective production of knowledge, imagination, research, and multivocal representations that challenge myths and misconceptions regarding the “Balkans” as the “European Other”.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Based on the artistic research built throughout the project, SCUBcommunity is looking for 8 emerging artist-travelers.
- The selected 8 artist-travelers will form together a collective and will work jointly and transdisciplinary, and will be required to commit in terms of time and presence.
- Emerging transdisciplinary artist-travelers participating in our Open Call are highly motivated in supporting local realities, organizations and social claims through their skills and competencies and to work together.
- Each partner organisation will be selecting one artist from their respective country to become part of the project. The selection of the 8 finalists will be a collective decision of all SCUB partners.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
SCUB programme offers a three steps co-creation and mutual learning process for all artists participating:
MAY 2022 – 1 Month residency in Banja Luka (BIH) – DKC Incel space where the artists along with a set of experts, curators, and local communities will co-create The Ground Tour Journey and Mobile Forum practice, based on the artistic research framework, the Ground Open Travelling Practices, and the specificities of each location during the itinerary
mid SEPT – mid OCT 2022 – 1 Month Journey to all partners’ selected sites, and local communities, where the artists will stage in public space the Mobile Forum in a participatory format, and put into action the dramaturgy of the Ground Tour Journey that is imagined as a travelling theater piece, in which the artist-travelers, the localities, the communities and the local actors involved will be the protagonists.
The Journey will end at BOWB – Biennale of Western Balkans, Ioannina, Greece.
NOV 2022 – MAR 2023 – The Artists will have a mentored and remote time to produce retrospectively an individual work to be presented at the final exhibition of the project in Pristina at the partner space of Termokiss – Community Center
- Content: you will be tutored and gain input by an international and local crowd of experts in Public Art, Community Art, and Socially-Engaged Art Practices.
- Exchange: You will be facilitated in a mutual learning process for developing and sharing your skills through intercultural dialogue and transnational collaborations, both with experts and local communities
- Transfer: the Mobile Forum, the final outcomes and your personal work will be highly visible both in the “Balkan” area and in the EU.
- Resources: you will be supported by the expertise and know-how of all SCUBcommunity members and Partners.
- Process: You will go through a process of self and collective reflection around questions of identity and belonging.
Deadline for applications:
15 January 2022 22 January 2022 (Extended deadline) closed
Artists’ Honorarium: 2400 € = 1000 € for the Residency + 1000 € for Ground Tour Journey + 400 € for final individual art work to be exhibited in Pristina.
Travel and Accommodation will be covered during the implementation of the programme. More details will be shared to the selected artists in due time.
For further information and specifics, see the application forms below.
* Please bear in mind that by applying to this open call you declare competence and availability of carrying out the described tasks and agree to work collaboratively and ethically according to the SCUB Code of Conduct throughout your participation.
Application Forms per partner
Icse & co Open Call Application Form [Italy] -closed